‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me. – Matthew 25:40
When you put on or see Knights in yellow vests that read “Helping Citizens with Developmental Disabilities,” you should smile. When these Knights are holding their bright cans and collecting donations around town, they are helping to recognize the dignity of every person.
For every donation, each donor is offered a ruler by the Knight present. Because of these little gifts of appreciation, the “Campaign for People with Developmental Disabilities” is frequently referred to as the “Measure Up Drive.” It is our “FLAGSHIP“charity fundraiser conducted anually throughout the Great State of Ohio.
So the next time you put on that yellow vest and ask for donations outside a store or at a fundraising activity, give out a ruler, and remember it’s more than a “Measure Up Drive.” It’s a chance to provide people with developmental disabilities more resources to live a happy life.
It is through our “Measure Up Drive” that we, as Knights of Columbus, can live and show the world how we embrace the gospel message of Jesus Christ.
Assisting those with Developmental Disabilities
This fundraising effort raises approximately $370,000 for over 322 statewide and local caring agencies that sponsor a variety of training and support programs. Of the money collected, 80 percent is returned to the local councils for donating to their local agencies. The remaining 20 percent is used for statewide programs.
April 22-24 and April 29, 30 and May 1, 2021
Fundraising activities can be ran throughout the year. The 2021 Campaign will close on AUGUST 1, 2021. This provides enough time to ensure the checks are sent out to the councils and the report can be completed before the January District Deputy Meeting.
- 2021 Measure Up Campaign Book
- Gimmie-5 Portrait 4-Flyers/Page
- Gimmie-5 Landscape 6-Flyers/Page
- Gimmie-5 Stickers – Uses Avery 94503 1/2″ Round Labels (204 /Sheet)
- Canister Labels – 5.5″x8.5″ – Avery 94229
- State Deputy Corporate Letter – Word 97-2003
- State Deputy Solicitation Letter – Word 97-2003
- District Deputy Ruler Order Form – Due by December 1st
- 2021 Campaign Report and Grant Form (PDF)
- 2021 Campaign Report and Grand Form (PDF, Fillable)
- Special Population Program Information and T-Shirt Order Form
- Measure Up Liability Policy – Updated 4/5/2021
- Measure Up Final Report: 2020 | 2021 | 2022 | 2023
Further questions about the Measure Up Campaign can be directed to the State Measure Up Chairman. Please make your council checks are payable to the “Ohio State Council Knights of Columbus” and mail your completed Measure Up Grant Form and payment to:
James K. Maslach, State Warden
4927 Autumnwood Ln | Brunswick, OH 44212
Phone/Text: 440-785-9838 | E-mail: email@example.com