IF YOU DON’T ASK, THEY WON’T JOIN!
Create a prospect list
- Form a welcoming committee to welcome new families to the parish.
- Ask for permission to address the current RCIA class.
- If your parish holds a Men’s Renewal weekend, get a list of the attendees and team members.
- Ask your pastor for a roster and ask if he has any men he would recommend.
- Obtain a list of recent high school graduates.
Recruit in teams
- No more than two men.
- Men with sales experience or good communication skills.
- Hint: Ask the guys who sell the most Football Frenzy and Super Cash tickets.
- Have a strategy in place – don’t just “wing-it”.
- Include your family – have your wife talk with his wife.
- If she says yes, you have a win!!!
- Highlight how your faith has been impacted by the Knights.
- Concentrate your discussion about your local council.
- Invite the man and his family to a family function your council is holding.
Use your insurance agent
- He knows how to sell and he knows the Order.
Ask your Pastor for recommendations
- Ask him to talk with potential members.
Ask your Diocesan Membership Director and District Deputy for help
- They have a lot of experience recruiting and they know the Order.
Advertise regularly in your parish bulletin
- Also have the bulletin tell about the great things your council is doing in the parish and the community.
Don’t be afraid to ask – no matter the age
Be respectful of the person’s time
Even if you know he has been asked before, ask again – he can change his mind
Supreme Literature to Aid Your Efforts
- Form 10919 – I am A Knight
- Small, folded brochure explains who we are.
- Form 10536 – You are invited to put your faith into action
- Why join – reasons to join the Knights of Columbus.
- Form 10395 – Protecting families for generations
- Explains our view on charity
- Explains our insurance program
- Explains our Order
- Explains who Father McGivney is
- Explains our family orientation
- Explains our views on fatherhood
- Explains the domestic Church
- Form 11141 – Elevator Speech Card
- Quickly get your message across to prospective Knights.
- Membership Growth Checklist
- Recruiting Best Practices
- Delta Church Drive
- Search supreme website for “Delta Church Drive”
State Membership Team
State Membership Director
Email: [email protected]
Stewart Vetter, State Online Membership Director
Diocesan Membership Directors
Dan Tebbe, Cincinnati North
Vic Lauterbach, Cincinnati Central
Rich Bischof, Cincinnati South
Brett Hazen, Cleveland North
Michael Incorvati, Cleveland South
Tom Prem, Columbus
Tom Offenberger, Steubenville
Joe Mazur, Toledo East
Greg Singlar, Toledo Central
Matt Smith, Toledo West
Rich Pete, Youngstown East
Chris Dodson, Youngstown West