2020 Ohio State Council State Convention
May 15-17, 2020 | Columbus, OH
UPDATE ON STATE CONVENTION AND CORONAVIRUS
After consulting with representatives of Supreme Council, State Chaplain Father Wayne Morris, and your state officers; we have decided to change several ways in which the Ohio State Council has conducted business in the past. Please understand the following changes are unprecedented in our history—yet necessary based on what is currently happening with the COVID 19 pandemic. As Brother Knights in Christ, we intend to meet this challenge together and, hopefully, survive as better and healthier brother knights.
- With the cooperation and help of Supreme Council, currently we are planning a VIRTUAL STATE CONVENTION May 16-17,2020. The FIRST CALL LETTER is being sent out via email and USPS.
- Routinely check your email and the state website for updates and information on how the state convention is going to take place.
- The 2020 Super Cash Bonanza drawing is expected to take place during the virtual convention. The drawing is still planned for Saturday, May 16 in the morning with a virtual audience to certify the drawing. However, this also means that the ticket turn-ins are even more important with no “last-minute convention turn-ins.” Recently, State Treasurer Jeff Kiliany sent out an email blast indicating a change of the First Turn-in to April 24.
- Please continue to sell the tickets as before, keeping in mind that the tickets need to reach State Treasurer Jeff Kiliany well in advance of the virtual convention date of Saturday, May 16. Please remember also that the 2020 Super Cash Bonanza is a major fundraiser for your local, diocesan, and state council charities.
- The deadline for the “We Are Many; We Are One” state general program is now extended until May 31. This means that State General Program Director Mike Nau and his team will accept submissions of COUNCIL activities and the HONOREES of the YEAR through May 31, 2020.
- Please continue to keep membership at the top of the list. With online membership and/or the video of the new Exemplification, there are now creative ways of bringing new brother knights to the Order than before.
Resolutions on any subject relevant to the work of the order may be presented by your council for consideration of the delegates. The resolution must be submitted on Council letterhead paper (8 ½” x 11”) and be typewritten. The resolution must show the date the council approved the resolution, signed by the Grand Knight attesting the council vote, and filed with the State Secretary no later than April 16, 2020.
Please forward all resolutions to Mike Felerski, State Advocate at email@example.com.